A Treat

I'm calling it a treat, because I've been doing my wage-slave work all day and I've been looking forward to putting these versions of this picture up since I started work this morning.



I'm going to give it a go anyway and see what happens. Who knows, maybe I'll actually keep it up this time.

Still, enough of all that - onto the promised treat.

They're never going to be published as part of the story I want to tell, they were just my way of getting back into the swing of drawing. Also, I've been keen to redesign the characters for a while now.

As always, feel free to let me know how they could be improved.




I'm not happy with the size of Joe's hands (too big). As you can see, I'm trying for a quasi-'50s 'Cartoon Modern' look (actually, I'm going for a '50s 'Cartoon Modern' look per se, never mind the quasi). When I've finished my secret project and I get a chance to look at the characters again, I want to make them even more 1950s in appearance.

Hopefully, I'll be back tomorrow. Ah Novelty, How I Do Love Thee :)